Hello guys! First of all, thanks so much for the 50K views on this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kagBguAxOBg&t=8s which is how to use microphones to sing on Smule. Honestly, I wish I can make a new video for a more in-depth instructions on how to use it but I think a blog would be a lot helpful so I can explain myself better. So let’s go ahead and get started.
What equipment do you need to sing professionally on smule?
- Your mobile phone whether it’s Android or an iPhone. But this setup is only for phones with a 3.5 mm jack. So new phones that do not have this headphone jack need to go to another channel or site and check how we can make that happen. I had an iPhone that does not have a 3.5 mm jack and it’s a huge pain to make it work so I gave up on it.
- Your headphones or get a microphone really depends on your preference. What I have is a condenser mic and some use dynamic microphones. If you want in-depth details about the difference, this YT video might help. Dynamic vs Condenser Microphones, What’s the Difference?
- If you are using an external microphone, you need a phantom power supply because it will not work without it. Our mobile phones are not capable of providing power to these mics so a power supply is needed. It’s a 48 volts phantom supply and usually, it comes as a bundle if you purchase one online. IF not, look for a 48 volts phantom power supply click this link for an amazon link.
- Since you’re using a phone with a 3.5 m jack, you need a splitter and this link (3.5 mm jack splitter) will lead you to the one I’m using right now. Remember that it should have these 3 lines, and I don’t even know what you call it. All I know is that it indicates that it supports both the microphone and headphones.
- You also need 2 male to female XLR cables as these cables will be used to connect your phone and mic to the power supply. link to the cables
Honestly, that’s all the equipment you’ll need to sing professionally on Smule. If you need a microphone stand and a puff filter with a phantom power supply, Amazon.com also offers a complete set. Check this link to see your option.
Some questions that need to be answered.
What power supply to use?
- 48 volts phantom power supply. See link above.
Can I use a Focusrite or any other audio interface on my mobile phone and sing on smule?
- NO. I tried it but no luck. Same with the Behringer Um2 interface However, you can still use it if you wish to use Smule on your desktop, and to do that, you need to install an app called Bluestacks. This third-party software will let you install the Smule App on your PC so you can use any sound interface you currently have. I have the Focusrite and it works. You can either click the underlined word or this image to direct you to where you can download the software.
What if your phone doesn’t have a 3.5 mm jack?
- If your phone doesn’t have a 3.5 mm jack and only a USB type C, you might need a different splitter for that. I found one on amazon.com and hopefully this might help. You can either click on this link to direct you to the store or click the image to your right.
There’s another setup you might also want to try where they use a V8 Sound card. I have never tried this ever but I saw a lot of people use this equipment to sing on Smule. Check this link for a bundle I found on amazon.com and it will look like this. You can also visit a YouTuber who have this type of setup – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JcNBnn1IK8.
This is not sponsored by any of the brands mentioned above but “as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.” thanks so much! ❤️ The entire purpose of this blog is to answer all the possible questions I encountered on my YouTube video. Thanks so much for taking the time to visit this vlog and hopefully this helps!
If you have any other questions, please comment it down below.
You can also visit my Smule account @ https://www.smule.com/Jheqie
haha! I know you do! 😀
I know which mod you like the most 😂